What do Madonna, Hugh Jackman, Clint Eastwood and Paul McCartney all have in common? Yes, they're all incredibly successful and talented, but the answer I'm looking for is: they all meditate! Meditation, much to the contrary of what most people think, is not about removing all thoughts from your mind and trying to think of nothing. Not only does that sound incredibly boring, it's impossible too. Meditation is about getting your mind into a state where it can rest. It's about training your brain to let go of the mundane and intrusive day-to-day thoughts, pressing the reset button and allowing your mind time to actually slow down. Have you noticed that your best ideas usually come to you whilst you're sleeping or in the shower...or doing anything BUT trying to think? That's because in these moments your mind is in a relaxed and peaceful state, unburdened by that haze of stress and thought that usually takes up most of it's energy. With this haze gone, it creates a clear path for your best ideas and subconscious thoughts to come through.
Benefits of meditation include:
- Improved sleep.
- Increased focus.
- Increased productivity.
- Elevated mood.
- Decreased anxiety, stress & depression.
- Improved creativity.
- Improved relationships.
- Increased feeling of well-being.
- Decreased mental and physical pain.
- Improved immune system.
- Improved cardiovascular health.
- Slow ageing process (no, really!).
If you're interested in feeling some of these benefits for yourself, come along to a meditation session. You're also welcome to bring a friend or two to share the experience! There are MANY different types of meditation and everyone likes something different - what suits one person may not suit another. That's why I offer 7 different types of meditation so you're sure to find something that you genuinely love. Meditation techniques you can choose from include:
- Guided: Like grown-up story time. I take you on a journey to a place inside your imagination. Just sit back, relax and listen.
- Breath: Learn to use your breath to focus your mind and meditate.
- Image: Pick an image and learn to use it to focus the mind and explore a new place.
- Self-Healing: Use positive affirmations and love to heal yourself from past experiences.
- Chanting: Pick a chant and use it to relax the mind and increase your feeling of well being.
- Singing Bowl: Use a singing bowl to raise and lower vibrations in the air, directly influencing your energy.
- Chakra: A form of guided meditation that focuses on balancing the chakras to create a feeling of well being.
Or, if you'd prefer something a little more sociable, I run a meditation circle for up to 7 people per class on the last Wednesday of every month at 7:30pm. Click below if you'd like to book a place! (Button takes you to Meet-Up where you can book your space. If you'd rather book directly with me, please text 07788515553, email or message me here.)